Ottawa Family Physicians would like to let our patients and community know that our doctors and dedicated and caring staff are here with you during these unprecedented times.
We are working closely with the Franklin County Health Department and the leadership of Advent Health Ottawa – all of whom are doing an excellent job staying up to date and preparing for our community’s needs.
It is important that we remain open and do our part to meet your health needs, which will also reduce the burden on our emergency department and hospital, but we want to assure you that your health and the safety of our staff is our top priority. As a result, we have changed some of our
usual processes to meet these goals.
- If you have a known exposure to COVID-19 or high-risk travel AND symptoms (fever, cough, congestion, sore throat, headaches) please CALL US or the Franklin County Health Dept hotline, and we will provide guidance.
- If you have symptoms of respiratory illness (fever, cough, congestion, sore throat, headaches) BUT NO high-risk travel or known illness exposure, then we would be happy to see you but ask you to
CALL FIRST. We will be directing all patients that are ill with respiratory symptoms to the North end of our building. We have parking spaces designated there and ask you to call from your car when you arrive. We will bring you in through an employee entrance directly to an exam room so that you spend no time in our waiting room.
- All patients with cough or respiratory symptoms will be asked to wear a mask to reduce the risk of exposure to our employees.
- Patients coming in for their usual care or management of non-infectious problems will come into the building through our usual patient entrance. Our waiting room is relatively empty and being
cleaned frequently. We are scheduling fewer patients and keeping wait times to a minimum. If you prefer to wait in your car, we will accommodate you.
- We are discouraging walk in appointments for the time being just so we know the reason for your visit before you enter the building. This will help us direct you to the appropriate entrance.
We care very much about your health and this community. We encourage all of you to help us by following the recommendations of our health officials, including hand washing, limiting contact with others and staying home whenever possible. We are certain we will get through this – together.